Welcome to the Make a Boob Blog! You’ll find information about the project by clicking the pictures in the sidebar.

Saturday, 11 June 2011

Workshop at Rogaland Quiltelag

I did my first big Make a Boob workshop at the May guild meeting of Rogaland Quiltelag, and it was such a success that I was asked to do another during the breast cancer awareness month in October.

I set up the stuff at a table; those travelling with boobs do not travel lightly I’ll tell you, and I didn’t even bring everything. It’s quite a pretty smorgasbord isn’t it!

Boobs (about 100 of them) and plates and spoons,
beads and buttons and flowers,
lace and yarn
and floss
I started the workshop by talking a little about the background of Make a Boob and how it has been organized and invited the ladies off to pick and choose boobs and bling. It was like watching kids in a candy store.

The ladies at work
My boob in progress

Some of the decorated boobs; everything from punk to Dali; pure eyecandy!
It’s great to be off and running and seeing the fruits of all my (and your) labour. Having worked on this project since November, I’m still learning a lot and enjoy seeing the idea coming alive. And most of all I feel grateful for your contribution making beautiful boobs and donating bling; it’s your effort that made this project possible. Thank you so much!

1 comment:

  1. You all are doing such a good job. They are beautiful!!!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete